Privacy & Legal Policy
Thank you for visiting Bornshoes.com, the website for Børn Handcrafted Footwear. Born Shoes and its
affiliates and divisions (also collectively referred to as "we", "our"
and "us") value the privacy of our website visitors. Access to and use of the present
site is subject to the following terms and conditions regarding intellectual property and copyrights,
which must be adhered to. We therefore ask that you read the following carefully, because access and
use of this site imply the acceptance of said conditions. Information collected on this website will be
used by us according to the following guidelines:
- We collects individually identifiable information, and other information that can be associated with an
identifier. This information is collected to provide information and services to website users, and to
allow us to (i) analyze and monitor consumer and customer activity; (ii) promote and support Børn products
and those of our affiliates and divisions; and (iii) develop a knowledge base regarding our website users
and customers. Do not submit information that you do not want us to access. Personal data collected by us
may be shared with and transferred among our various divisions and affiliated companies for the purposes
- As is commonly done on retail websites, we may use "cookies" or similar technology to keep track of our
that you might wish to store in your Shopping Cart between visits. If you do not wish to accept cookies,
the "help" selection on your browser's toolbar will likely tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting
cookies, how to have the browser alert you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether.
If you disable cookies, however, you will not be able to take advantage of all of the features on this website;
therefore we recommend that you leave them turned on.
- We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads on our behalf. These companies may employ cookies
and action tags (also known as single pixel gifs or web beacons) to measure advertising effectiveness. Any
information that these third parties collect via cookies and action tags is completely anonymous.
- When we ask for your personal information, it is so that we can provide a product or service to you and to
communicate with you about those products and services. This may require us to share information with our
business partners. For example, if you purchase goods through Bornshoes.com like any other retailer we will
have to provide your credit card information to our credit card processor and authenticator for payment
purposes, and your name and address to the company that ships our merchandise.
- When we ask for your personal information, we also give you an option to opt out of additional uses of your
personal information for marketing purposes. For example, we may from time to time send you an e-mail message
informing you of on-line sales that you may be interested in hearing about. If you do not wish to receive
such messages, please click on the appropriate box when providing your personal information. Also, when
participating in surveys on our websites, they are entirely an anonymous event.
- We may be required to disclose personal information without prior notice in response to law enforcement
activity or other governmental request, to enforce our contract or property rights, or when otherwise
required by law. Information we collect may also be transferred in connection with any sale or merger
of one of our companies or any division or business line of the companies to which the information relates.
- To improve the products and services offered, we may share data collected on our websites with business
partners such as designers, manufacturers and distributors and may furnish data to parties that provide
support services for our websites.
- We intend to use commercially reasonable means to protect the integrity of our websites and the confidentiality
of collected data. We cannot provide absolute assurances against, and will not be liable for, any breaches of
confidentiality due to system failures or unauthorized access by third parties.
- Our websites are intended for use only by U.S. residents who are 13 years of age or older. If you are not a U.S.
resident and 13 years of age or older, do not submit any information to any of our website.
- Our websites do not contain links to websites of retailers who are not affiliated with us. We are not
responsible for the operation of or collection of any information from any websites operated by unaffiliated
- Our business and the laws that regulate us change from time to time, and we reserve the right to change this
policy. If we do change this policy, we will post the revised version on this site. Any information that we
- The information, photographs the products and, in general, all of the material contained
in this site are intended solely for advertising and promotional use and may be
used for personal reasons only. No commercial use of the material contained in this
site is permitted and, in any case, any copy, even partial, of said documents must
include information indicating that it is the exclusive property of (H.H. Brown
Shoe Company, Børn Handcrafted Footwear, Bornshoes.com), as must any other
notification regarding the property contained in the document itself.
- In particular, we call your attention to the fact that the trademarks "Børn
Handcrafted Footwear", "Born", "Born Shoes", as well as the logo "Ø" and all other
graphic and/or figurative trademarks contained herein, whether registered or not,
are and remain the exclusive property of (H.H. Brown Shoe Company, Børn Handcrafted
Footwear) and that it is expressly forbidden, for any reason or purpose, to use
them even if for personal and non-commercial reasons, to reproduce, distribute,
publish, broadcast or modify wholly or in part or sell the same.
- The recording, saving in memory, copying, reproduction, further publication, exhibition,
exposure, broadcast, distribution, transfer, translation, transposition, modification
or sale, even in part, of the contents of the site (consisting of images, photographs,
text, videos, trademarks and in general of any material or creative expression rendered
accessible in this site), in any form and by any means (electronic, mechanical,
by photocopy, print, microfilm, magnetic recordings, including CD-Rom, etc.) is
strictly forbidden without the prior written consent of (H.H. Brown Shoe Company,
Børn Handcrafted Footwear). The material indicated above is the exclusive property
of or is legitimately utilized by (H.H. Brown Shoe Company, Børn Handcrafted
Footwear), which provides no guarantees and declines any and all responsibility
or liability for the use of all or part of the same.
- The user of the information and/or materials contained in this site takes sole and
unconditional responsibility for any and all eventual losses, costs and damages,
direct and/or indirect and of any nature and amount, which may result from the use
of this site.
If you have questions or comments please contact us toll free at 1-866-979-2676.
Or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.